Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Cherry Blossom Time

The idea of a "Bernard Bear Channel" has got me thinking, but I can't quite figure out what to do with it. While I was busy pondering the possibilities, my traveling companion was busy arranging a trip to Washington DC to see the Cherry Blossoms. It really is nice having a traveling companion!

It turns out that Cherry Blossoms are not at all like Bears. Bears love the cold, but one little frost, and the Cherry Blossoms are pretty well finished. I did see a few, but they were much better last week (or so I'm told). Fortunately the people were as friendly as ever. I even got some ideas for future adventures. West Virginia was mentioned, but the most highly recommended destination was New Jersey. I've never been to New Jersey before - I wonder what interesting things there are to see there. Perhaps I need to talk to my traveling companion about this.

BB...

No comments: